Gamja Jorim (korean Glazed Potatoes)From oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- •3, 4 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed shopping list
- •2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- •2 tbsp corn syrup (mulyeot) shopping list
- •2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •3 garlic cloves, finely minced shopping list
- •1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes) shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame oil (optional) shopping list
- •2, 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Peel and cut the 3 medium-sized potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes or a little larger.
- 2.In a heated non-stick frying pan, add the 2, 3 tbsp olive oil (enough to prevent sticking) and potato cubes. Fry/saute them for about 7, 8 minutes or until slightly browned and softened.
- 3.Add the soy sauce, gochugaru (red pepper flakes), minced garlic, and brown sugar to the pan. Saute for another 2, 3 minutes or until ingredients mixed through.
- 4.Lastly, add the corn syrup in tbsp intervals until a thick glaze starts to coat the potato cubes. Taste continuously until desired taste is met and the potatoes have softened but not broken.
- 5.Cook for a few more minutes if necessary and then transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with sesame seeds or more gochugaru for more spice. Enjoy!
- *There are endless varieties of potatoes to be had out there. We recently saw some great fingerling potatoes at the farmers' market that we missed out on but knew would work great with this recipe. Don't hesitate to experiment and make the dish suitable to your taste preference.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
The Rating3 people
This sounds unlike any potato dish I've ever head! Will make for sure, thanks!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Great potatoes! A little heat with a little sweet.
See Gamja Jorim Korean Glazed Potatoes# for further comments.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
These are not nearly as sweet as I thought they would be (a good thing, I think), just mildly sweet. Very very good! More in pso's link -------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!