Ravioli With Summer Green SauceFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs fresh or frozen ravioli and the water needed to cook it shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 1 sweet onion(or you could use a couple shallots) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1lb fresh or frozen sweet peas(unthawed, if frozen) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken or veggie broth shopping list
- 1 large tomato, diced shopping list
- 1/2pt cream(or can sub half and half) shopping list
- 4oz fresh romano cheese, grated(can sub Asiago or Parm) shopping list
- several fresh basil leaves, rubbed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2lb smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta per package or recipe directions. Drain and set aside.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt butter and add onion.
- Cook a few minutes until it beings to soften.
- Add garlic and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Add peas, broth, basil, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until it simmers and peas soften.
- Add cream and, using an immersion blender, carefully blend until well combined and mostly smooth.(add a lil more stock, if needed, for consistency)
- Add cheese and tomato and continue to heat on low fire until cheese is melted and mixture is well combined.
- Serve sauce over the pasta and top with crumbled bacon and a lil extra cheese, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- maggi Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- Pammy58 Nowhere, Us
- marpar Copenhagen, DK
- BennieCrocker Nowhere, Us
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
I love this, and it fast and simple. This is a keeper.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Way to go girl!spinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I had ravioli I needed to use up so this is what I found in the ol' recipe box!! I just happened to have everything, and it was a very nice lunch. Thanks Keni :) Here's the IMI link -------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it