Mini Berry ShortcakesFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut two 1/2 inch slices from each strawberry (save leftovers for other use). I kept the two slices stacked on themselves so I could use the same strawberry for one skewer for better fit.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a biscuit into a 5-inch circle. Cut seven 1-1/2 inch circles and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow biscuits to cool completely before you start to assemble the shortcakes.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Some rise taller, those may be cut into thirds.
- Layer a flat piece of biscuit with whipped topping, a slice of strawberry, followed by another piece of biscuit, whipped topping & strawberry. Top with a top piece of biscuit. Skewer a blueberry and push it to the top of the toothpick/skewer. Then stick through assembled short cake, careful not to handle to hard so as not to disturb the whipped topping much.
- Continue until all shortcakes are assembled.
- Enjoy the reaction you get when you share them!