Pizza Stuffed ChickenFrom lishakay 2 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast. Stuff each with 4 slices pepperoni, 2 Tb cheese, and 1 basil leaf. Secure with a wooden pick. Lightly spray each side of chicken with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- 3. Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- 4. Remove from oven. Cut remaining 4 slices pepperoni into thin strips. Sprinkle chicken with remaining ¼ cup cheese; top with pepperoni strips.
- 5. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Chicken can be dusted with flour/egg/bread crumbs for a breaded chicken.
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
The Rating3 people
I thought this was pretty tasty! I used mozzarella cheese because that is what I had and I did dust with breadcrumbs (Italian) although I didn't do the egg wash. They stuck to the cooking spray just fine. I used my cast iron grill pan so this coul...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
7/27/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Used b/s thighs instead of breasts which was a bit tricky. Made a small pocket in the thicker end so was only able to stuff one slice of Sicilano salami, one basil leaf and maybe a heaping tsp. of a Italian blended cheese mix. Did the egg wash and br...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!