Southwestern Stuffed PeppersFrom NPMarie 2 years ago
- 4 or 5 bell peppers (depends on the size of the pepper), green, orange or red shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or your favorite cheese) shopping list
- 3/4 cup medium salsa shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen, fresh or drained canned will work well) shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice ( I have used cooked rice as well) shopping list
- 1 teas chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teas ground cumin shopping list
- tomato sauce for the top of the peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Cut top off each pepper, remove seeds & membrane.
- Combine beans, cheese, salsa, corn, onions, rice, chili powder & cumin in a medium bowl. Spoon into peppers. Place peppers in Crock Pot, pour a little tomato sauce on the top of the peppers. I usually add just a bit of water in the bottom of the crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.