Hard Cider Pork Chops And GarlicFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 4 large, thick cut pork chops (on the bone if possible) set out at room temp shopping list
- half a large head of garlic cloves, outer paper shells removed shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- seasoning salt, to taste (I used Lawry's) shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup hard apple cider (I used Angry Orchard - my favorite!) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add garlic and fry for a few minutes. Transfer to baking dish.
- Season chops liberally with seasoning salt and pepper on both sides. Add to skillet. Brown on both sides (about 2 min per side).
- Transfer chops to baking dish.
- Carefully add hard cider to skillet and scrape up any brown bits. Pour over chops and garlic.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temp reads 150F. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
I had a hard time finding any hard apple cider this time of year, so I used cloudy apple juice, 2 TBS of hard apple cider vinegar, and some chopped garlic to marinate with the pork-chops for a good 6 hours before baking. They turned out very tasty.bradkessler in Anderson loved it
pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!