Roasted Asparagus With Alderwood Smoked Salt And Poached EggsFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 12 stalks of fresh asparagus shopping list
- good extra virgin olive oil for drizzling shopping list
- a liberal amount of Alderwood smoked sea salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Thin shavings of parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shopping list
- splash of apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F. Wash the asparagus and snap off the hard bit at the ends. Put on a small baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Alderwood salt and pepper. Toss to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Roast in oven for about 9 minutes, tossing half way through, until bright green and tender crisp.
- While the asparagus is roasting, poach eggs in a shallow frypan adding the vinegar just as the water begins to simmer. Poach about three minutes until whites are firm and the yolks are still runny.
- Divide the asparagus between two plates, artfully arrange 3/4 of the shaved cheese overtop the asparagus and then place one egg on each pile of asparagus. Add the remaining shaved cheese to the top of the Poached eggs and sprinkle a little more alderwood smoked sea salt and fresh ground pepper on top.
- Mmmmmm.....springtime on a fork. Enjoy!