Cream Of Spinach SoupFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- about 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 6-8 cups chicken stock(if you can use some "double strength" stock, here, please do, otherwise, toss in a T or so of chicken base, if you have it :) shopping list
- 1t ground celery seed shopping list
- about 6 leaves fresh sage, rubbed shopping list
- 1lb baby spinach(no need to tear it) shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- a buncha shakes of Tabasco sauce shopping list
- smoked sea salt, or sub regular and a dash of liquid smoke shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Parmesan, chives and/or fried peppers or onions, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- In large stock pot, melt butter with oil
- Add onions and cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add garlic and cook another couple of minutes
- Add stock, celery seed, sage and a lil salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, then turn heat off.
- Add spinach all at once and stir to wilt well.
- Using an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender, blend well to desired consistency.
- Return to medium low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add Tabasco and cream, and heat through.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with Parmesan, chives or fried peppers or onions, if desired
People Who Like This Dish 11
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- gourmetana London, UK
- MissouriFarmWife Ozarks, Missouri
- hungrynow Corralitos, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- sday5 Smalltown , KS
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- ducky20536 Nowhere, Us
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!