Blackened Turkey DipFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2 turkey tenderloins shopping list
- 3T favorite Cajun or blackening seasoning(I make my own with paprika, cayenne, a lil raw sugar, minced onion, oregano, and smoked salt) shopping list
- 1lb colby/Jack cheese, sliced shopping list
- 6 sandwich rolls(I used oblong cheese rolls), sliced shopping list
For Faux Jus
- 2 cups double strength chicken or turkey stock shopping list
- (or, you can use 11/2 cups of chicken or turkey stock mixed with 1/2 cup of chicken or turkey gravy!:) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 fresh sage leaves, rubbed and left whole shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rub Cajun seasoning over both sides of tenderloins.
- Roast in a 400 oven for about 15 min, until thermometer in thickest part reads 170-175.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes
- Add rest of ingredients for the Faux Jus and bring to a simmer. Let simmer while turkey finishes and you prepare sammiches. Remove sage leaves just before serving.
- Let turkey rest about 10 minutes this slice thinly
- Layer on bottom of the sammich roll, then top with slices of cheese.
- Place in the 400 oven for a few minutes until bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Don't let them burn!
- Serve with a lil bowl of Faux Jus to "dip".