Frenchman's SpaghettiFrom Good4U 1 year ago
- One 1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin shopping list
- 4 to 6 stalks celery chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups water or chicken stock (I use no salt added) shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( I use no salt added) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- spaghetti enough for 4 servings or more if you need it shopping list
- Mashed potatoes made as you normally make them (optional) shopping list
- Grated cheese for topping (optional) shopping list
- *Later on when serving you might want to top it with some dried red chili pepper flakes to spice it up to your liking as well. shopping list
How to make it
- Oven Method turn oven on at 325 F
- In a Dutch oven or oven safe casserole with a lid add water or broth, chopped celery, pork tenderloin, onions, (if using them) celery salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, Place the dutch oven in the oven with the lid on and cook for 2 hours or until pork tenderloin is very tender. And moist Remove the tenderloin and either shred it with a fork or cut it up into desired sized pieces. *You might want to remove some of the juices from the pot with a large spoon at this time so the mixture won't be too runny before you add the tomatoes. Then return to the pot and add the can of tomatoes mix it around. Return to oven while you cook the spaghetti according to package instructions then drain and place desired amount of spaghetti on a plate. Spoon desired amount of mixture from the dutch oven over the top.
- Serve with some fresh buttered bread or garlic bread if you wish.
- *You an also serve this with mashed potatoes alone, if someone might like them mixed in or on the side or grate some cheese over the top as well. Or let the person eating it choose their topping they might like some red dried chili flakes on top of this as well.
- *Leftovers freeze very well.
- Crock pot or Slow cooker Method ( Directions given to me by my SIL )
- Set the Crock Pot on the low setting.
- Place chopped celery and onion in crock pot then place the pork tenderloin on top of that and then pour a cup or two of water in. Add celery salt, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cover with the lid and cook for 7 to 8 hours or check it when you get home from work.
- After the 7 hours are up. Remove the pork tenderloin and set aside on a plate. It will be moist and fall apart tender. Cut or shred the pork tenderloin into small bite sizes pieces and put back into the pot.*You might want to remove some of the juices from the pot with a large spoon at this time so the mixture won't be too runny before adding the can of tomatoes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes to the Crock Pot and shred or cut up the tenderloin in smaller pieces. Then turn the crock pot up to high to be heated while cooking the spaghetti according to the directions. Serve on top of drained spaghetti with some nice crusty bread or if you wish with some grated cheese on the top. *Optional serve with mashed potatoes as well. Enjoy!
- * Crock pot directions for high setting.
- Cook for 3 or 4 hours and do everything the same as indicted for low setting above.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- MissouriFarmWife Ozarks, Missouri
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- NPMarie Magalia, CA
- JoeyJoan Burlington County, New Jersey
- dooley Krum, TX
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- DaleInCO Centennial, CO
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- christinem Worcester, MA
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
The Rating1 people
Do you think this would work using chicken? I hate to change the recipe, but since I don't eat pork..I was thinking it might work:) Very nice recipe Joce!
Oh my gosh, this was delish Joce! Thanks to you & Den for sharing this wonderful family recipe:) More in Frenchmans Spaghetti
Thanks for the link to the biscuits Joce! Also, please add this wonderful recipe to IMI when you get a chance:) Thank you:)