Apple Sticky Buns With Maple GlazeFrom Cosmicmother 3 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk at room temp. shopping list
- 1 large egg at room temp. shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. instant yeast shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 heaping cups diced apples (golden delicious, gala, honey crisp) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or apple pie spice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, divided (1/4 cup set aside in case it's needed) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- Maple Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. milk, if needed shopping list
How to make it
- Add ingredients in the order of your bread machine instructions and set to a basic dough setting. When done, turn it out into a greased bowl, cover with a tea towel and let rise for 1/2 an hour or more.
- By hand or mixer: Mix milk, eggs, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Add flour and salt to a mixing bowl. Using a dough hook or wooden spoon, pour in the yeast mixture and stir until flour is combined. Pour in butter, and continue mixing until the butter is blended and the dough is formed. Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (about 2 hours).
- Filling: Toss the diced apples with lemon juice into a sauce pot, stir in butter, sugar, syrup, and cinnamon and cook over medium heat. Stir cornstarch with a 1/4 cup of water and add it to the pot once the butter has melted, and stir for 1 minute or until the sauce bubbles and thickens. (Keep the 1/4 cup of water to the side and add a little at a time if needed, the amount of water depends on the juiciness of the apples. For really dry apples you may need the entire 1/4 cup, for juicy apples you may need zero, so judge accordingly). Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Once the apples are tender and the sauce is thick, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then chill in fridge. The filling can be made 3-4 days in advance if needed.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch cake pan and set aside.
- After the dough has risen, punch down the dough and place on a floured surface. Roll the dough out into a rectangle, to measure 20x10 inches long.
- Spread the cooled filling over the dough, leaving a one inch border all around. Working the longest edge, roll the dough into a log and pinch the seams together at the end. Slice with a pastry cutter or sharp knife into 8 rolls. (The sauce may ooze out while rolling and cutting, that's ok, just scoop up whatever oozed out and place on top of the rolls before baking, this is what makes them sticky buns!)
- Place buns into the greased pan and cover for 30-45 min. to rise again. Preheat oven to 350f. And bake for 30-35 min. or until golden all over.
- Glaze: mix powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla together, add milk a little at a time until desired thickness is reached. Pour over the warm rolls. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating. Or for more of an icing, cool the rolls before adding the glaze.
- ~ To make the night before, place unbaked rolls in the cake pan, and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, place rolls in a cold oven and turn the heat to 350f. The rolls will rise while the oven preheats, once the oven is at 350f, set timer for 30 minutes and bake.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The CookCosmicmother Canada
The Rating2 people
That picture is amazing! Will be making these very soon!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
These were perfect! In the past I have made cinnamon rolls and they turn out brown on top and still doughy in the center. Not these! Everything was cooked through and fluffy and delicious! I added a review in the IMI -----moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Absolutely beautiful!Good4U in Perth loved it