Whole Chicken in a CrockpotFrom floridasunshine 9 years ago
- 1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible) shopping list
- 1 c. chopped onions shopping list
- 1 tsp. of thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. of white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper shopping list
- 4 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. of paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. of onion powder shopping list
How to make it
- First take asmall bowl and then combine the spices.
- Then remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- Next you want to rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Now place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- When chicken in ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Then Add chicken.
- Note: no liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
- You will want to $cook on low 4-8 hours.
- Note: The pop-up timer works wonderful in this recipe.
People Who Like This Dish 96
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating14 people
This was unbelievably amazing!! I have an old smaller crockpot and the chicken barely squeezed in there. What I got was juicy, moist chicken with lots of juices to make gravy.nerfy_jen in philadelphia loved it
txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
I tried this and is was just wonderful!!!! I actually saved the drippings to use as a broth base later. This recipe was so easy and wow I just cant cant say enough about how wonderful it tasted!!! Thanks!springka in Hanford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!