Gorp Shrimp SpreadFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons beau monde seasoning (if you can’t find this seasoning, use ½ teaspoon each of garlic power, celery salt and onion powder) shopping list
- ½ can of water chestnuts, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoosn horseradish (more, if you like it hotter) shopping list
- 1 can of medium shrimp, drained and chopped (I much prefer to use 1/2 pound medium cooked shrimp from the seafood counter, then give them a medium chop) shopping list
How to make it
- Blend all ingredients together except the shrimp.
- When mixture is well blended, gently stir in the shrimp.
- Chill several hours, allowing the flavors to blend.
- Serve with study crackers - also good on celery sticks and bread sticks.
- NOTE: a little trick my sister taught me many years ago: use a potato peeler and peel the outside of the celery stalks. It really gives celery quite a different taste and texture - great for serving with dips like this!