Canadian Three Layer BarsFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- First layer: shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 5 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup coconut shopping list
- Second layer: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cook and serve vanilla pudding mix (NOT instant pudding mix) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- Chocolate Frosting: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1½ cups white sugar shopping list
- ½ cup milk chocolate or sem-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- For first layer, hand mix ½ cup butter, white sugar, cocoa, egg and extract until fluffy.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and coconut.
- Press into an ungreased 7x11 pan; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- For second layer, mix 4 tablespoons butter, the dry pudding mix, milk, and powdered sugar until fluffy; spread over chilled crust and refrigerate 1 hour.
- To make the frosting, bring milk, butter and sugar to a gentle boil in a medium saucepan; boil an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in chips; stir vigorously until chips melt and frosting becomes shiny.
- Cool frosting to room temperature; pour over second layer.
- Chill well before cutting; keep refrigerated.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
Nanaimo Bars are wonderful. I messed up my first batch so badly, my Canadian friends had a good laugh at my expense. This looks like something the skating club would devour next event. Bookmarked and saved. Those kids can do some damage serious s...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
oh yeah, baby!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
wow a definite choc. fix thanks buddy high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!