BiscottiFrom primalux 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface
- Knead 8 - 10 times
- Form dough into a log about 2x16 inches
- Put log on a non-stick baking sheet (or one coated with non-stick spray)
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes
- Place the loaf on a cutting board and with a serrated knife cut 1/2 inch wide slices on the diagonal
- Place slices on their sides on the baking sheet
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees
- Bake biscotti for 10 more minutes
- Flip all slices and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.