Crawfish PieFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 - 9 inch baked pastry shell (i use purchased pie dough and bake it blind) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of crawfish tail meat, cooked *defrosted if you bought frozen* shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup of onion, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup of green pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup of celery, minced shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of Bay seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 eggs slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese (or muenster) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the pie crust according to package directions. Cool
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees while you mix the filling.
- Melt butter in skillet and add onion, pepper, celery and wilt until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the crawfish tail meat and salt, Bay seasoning and worchesterhire.
- Combine eggs and sour cream, fold in veggie/crawfish mix.
- Stir in the grated cheese.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until the custard like center is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
- You can gild the lily by topping each slice of pie with a dab of sour cream and some chopped green onion tops.