Pizza Stuffed MushroomsFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 12 to 18 mushrooms, nice large “stuffing” size shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely diced shopping list
- garlic powder, to your taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 4 ounces finely diced pepperoni shopping list
- ¼ cup pizza sauce shopping list
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan shopping list
- 6 to 8 slices of mozzarella cheese, cut in squares to fit the tops of the mushrooms shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling over tops of mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- Gently wipe any dirt from the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Finely dice the stems.
- Melt butter in skilet, and add stems, onions, seasoning, pepperoni, and any other optional ingredients – sauté until veggies are tender.
- Add pizza sauce, bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Cook until just heated through and liquid is reduced.
- Place mushrooms on a lightly buttered baking sheet - fill mushrooms with cooked filling mixture.
- Top filling with a piece of mozzarella cut to just fit over the top of the mushroom.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan over the tops.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 20 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving, as filling will be very, very hot!
- OPTIONAL ingredients: you can create your own "flavor" by using pizza toppings you like best, such as diced green pepper, garlic, black or green olives, anchovies, cooked meats such as Italian sausage or bacon or Canadian bacon - just remember that veggies are best sauteed first, and if you add more amounts of toppings, you will need to adjust seasonings and pizza sauce measurements!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
Sounds awesome Krum! I love pizza and just about anything slightly related to that wonderful pie.Definately one of the basic food groups or should be.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Absolutely fabulous! Love the pizza idea! Saving this one too!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
OMG! I made this with large portobello mushrooms. And used sausage, mushroom stems, and onions. SO GOOD! A definite keeper!Beshy74 in Twin Lakes loved it