Gorgonzola Cheesecake With Madeira-caramel Sauce And Fresh FigsFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 oz. butter, melted shopping list
- Cheesecake: shopping list
- 1 lbs. gorgonzola Dolce shopping list
- ½ lb. mascarpone shopping list
- 2 T. flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream or evaporated milk shopping list
- ½ cup madeira wine shopping list
- 6 fresh figs, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350’.
- Grease a 10” spring-form pan. Combine crust ingredients thoroughly, and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients (gorgonzola -> eggs) in a mixer until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake (in a water bath) for 1 hour, or until cake is set. Let cool.
- Caramelize the remaining sugar and water in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in the cream and Madeira.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cheesecake.
- Place fig halves around the rim of the serving plate and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- danmor Nowhere, Us
- chiki_minki Epsom,Surrey, UK, GB
- WestTexasWalkabout West, Los Estados Unidos De America
- lenora Oak Park, MI
- sylviahelen Buenos Aires, AR
- sherrygt Manchester, KY
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- angelinaw St Louis, MO
- leonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating6 people
oh my God, the sound of this one is making my head spin in pleasure :-p
I also added it to my new "gettin figgy with it" group and saved it to make for a dinner party :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Really? Doesn't gorgonzola taste like blue cheese?lenora in Oak Park loved it