Killer RibsFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 5 lbs of pork ribs, (baby backs are wonderful) shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed dried red hot chilies shopping list
- 3 dried bay leaves shopping list
- 3 colves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 can (18 oz) sliced peaches, drained shopping list
- 1 bottle (18 oz) prepared barbeque sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Trim and discard excess fat from ribs.
- Place ribs in a 8 to 10 qt. pan
- Add onion, cinnamon, basil, allspice, ginger, 1 tsp. of the chilies, bay leaves and garlic.
- Fill pan with watr to cover the ribs.
- Put lid on pan and bring water to a boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until meat is tender when pierced with a fork, about 50 min.
- Mean while in a blender or food processor, puree peaches. Stir peaches to mix with barbeque sauce and remaining 1 tsp. chilies.
- Drain ribs; lay on a grill 4 to 6 in. above a solid bed of medium hot coals (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds) Baste freqyently with peach sauce as needed to develop a rich brown glaze, about 20 minutes. Pour remaining sauce into a bowl for dipping. Cut ribs between bones and accompany ribs with more sauce to taste. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating3 people
Oh I love BBQ ribs! yummmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
This is THE rib recipe!!! Would rate it a 10 if I could....Actually slipped the ribs into the crockpot and let them cook in the mixture that you usually boil them in...after the day was done, drained them and tossed the BBQ sauce, pureed peaches mix...moreariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!