Sausage Spinach Cheese Pie Or AppetizerFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese shopping list
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 6 eggs, beaten well shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt or powder shopping list
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out, as much as possible (after squeezing the moisture out, it's helpful to "break up" the clumps of spinach so they will mix into the pie ingredients better) shopping list
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, browned and crumbled, then drained well shopping list
- double pie crust recipe, or 2 refrigerated pie crusts shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Add beaten eggs and garlic; mix well.
- Stir in spinach and cooked, crumbled sausage.
- Place 1 pie crust in 10 inch glass pie plate; pour pie filling into crust.
- Top filling with second crust, sealing the two crust edges together well.
- Pierce top of pie crust a couple times with a fork to vent the pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees, until pie crust is browned, about 50 to 60 minutes (I like to sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over the top crust the last 10 minutes or so of baking - this is not necessary, but adds a nice flavor if you like parmesan)
- Cut into serving size desired (for appetizer or main dish) and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
This recipe gives me a great idea. For appetizers, use muffin tins and do it the same way, but then there would be indiviual pies. I'm just tickled pink with this idea. ^5 my dear...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Love this will use Italian hot sausage in mine Thanks a million KrumKake Friday night's supper on the way!!!!!!!cherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!