Pad Thai Shrimp and Rice NoodlesFrom jackkekempsey 8 years ago
How to make it
- Soak rice noodles in warm water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare all the remaining ingredients and place them next to
- the stove, along with a small serving platter.
- When the noodles are very limp and white, drain and measure
- 2-1/2 cups.
- Set by the stove as well. The idea is to keep everything warm.
- Heat Wok or large skillet at medium-hi heat and add 1 tbs oil
- and swirl to coat the surface.
- When oil if very hot drop in garlic and toss until golden, about
- 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and toss until they turn pink, for beef or pork until
- light brown, no more that 1 min. for shrimp.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the egg to pan and tilt the pan to spread it into a thin sheet.
- As soon as it begins to set, scramble it to break it into small
- Remove and set aside with shrimp.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in wok or skillet and heat 30 seconds and add
- soften noodles.
- Thin noodles to cover the surface of the pan, then clump them
- together and gently turn over, repeat this process until the noodles soften and curl into ivory ringlets.
- Add fish sauce and turn noodles to evenly season.
- Add sugar and peanuts and continue to turn the noodles to
- Reserve some of the bean sprouts, green onion for garnish.
- Add the bean sprouts, green onions and the shrimp and egg
- Cook for 1 minute, turning often.
- Transfer noodles to the serving paltter and squeeze the juice
- of 2 lime wedges over the top.
- Garnish with remaining beansprouts and lime and serve at
The Cookjackkekempsey Melbourne, Victoria, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!