Vanilla Peach JamFrom shandy 8 years ago
How to make it
- *Peel, pit and chop peaches. Put peaches in saucepan and use a potato masher to mash the fruit a little just to get some juice. You want the Jam to be chunky.
- *Add lemon juice and pectin.
- *Cook over high heat stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until you have a full rolling boil.
- *Stir in sugar.
- *Return to a full rolling boil.
- *Boil hard for (1) minute while stirring constantly.
- *Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, dab of butter and bourbon (The bourbon is optional)
- *Skim off foam.
- *Ladle in hot sterilized jars and process in boiling bath for 5 minutes.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating8 people
Wow, this sounds sooo good! Peaches are another favorite of mine and being the offspring of a British mother, gotta love your jam!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Fabulous, stunning combo.
notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This was my first canning! It was so good my boyfriend and mom ate about half before it even got to the canning thanks so much!snuglebunnygirl in Phoenix loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!