Angel Lemon TorteFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- juice of 2 medium lemons shopping list
- grated peel from both lemons shopping list
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks form shopping list
- 1 angel food cake, baked in a 12" loaf pan (it can be baked in a regular angel food pan, too - but it looks very nice in the loaf pan shape...worth the purchase!) shopping list
How to make it
- Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel into the whipped cream.
- Cut the angel food cake in half lengthwise (horizontally).
- Spread some of the whipped cream mixture over the cut surface of the bottom half of the cake, and then put the top half back on the cake.
- Frost top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Keep frosted cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve each piece with a twisted slice of lemon, if desired.
- For color, I have also topped each slice with a few fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, or sliced kiwi...very pretty presentation and a refreshing, light dessert.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
This sounds so refreshing...a perfect summer Bar B Q bring along. good one Krum!gramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
What a simple and delightful recipe, Krum! I can't wait to make this. It sounds light and lucious.. Thanks! This is another cake for the dessert table!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This is so good, I love the lemon. Just happen to have a cake, well, what a wonderful match. Thanks as always, Krum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!