Kibbeh step by stepFrom berry 6 years ago
- For the kibbeh: shopping list
- 2 cups burghul wheat shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 2medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chopped mint shopping list
- 1 tsp allspice powder shopping list
- (I like to add crushed garlic to the mix) shopping list
- 1/2 litter (or more) vegetable oil to fry shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 500g minced beef shopping list
- 3 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs pine nuts shopping list
- 1 tsp mixed spices shopping list
- salt & pepper and a pinch of allspice shopping list
How to make it
- To make the kibbeh: Place burghul in bowl, cover with cold water and stand for 15 mins. Drain burghul and squeeze in hands to soften. Place the ground beef in food processor and mince to fine paste. Add the remainder of the ingredients (adding water a little at a time) to the blender and mix. Remove and keep aside.
- To prepare the filling: Heat oil in pan, add onions and cook till soft. Add nuts, cook until lightly browned. Add ground beef and spices, cook, stirring until lamb is browned.
- Shape 1/4 cups of kibbeh into balls using damp hands See Photo. Hollow out the centres using thumb, and place a rounded teaspoon (or more) of filling inside See Photo. Shape kibbeh into ovals See Photo. Now deep-fry the kibbeh in very hot oil (in batches) until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with mezze.
The Cookberry Riverside, Ca
The Rating11 people
My mouth is watering. Great pictures too.. they help a lot. Soon, I will try to post a baked version I think you will like too.jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
In Egypt this is called Kobeba! One of my favorites! and you got the recipe down pat! YuMMMM!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
I have to try this! It sound and looks wonderful!
chilicat in Budapest loved it