Red Velvet Pudding CakeFrom noir 9 years ago
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole frozen raspberries (not in syrup), thawed shopping list
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry flavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- frozen whipped topping, thawed or vanilla ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly spray rectangular baking dish with oil.
- Spread raspberries evenly over bottom of baking dish
- **Prepare cake mix according to package directions**; pour batter over raspberries, spreading evenly.
- In a large bowl, microwave water on HIGH 4 minutes or until boiling.
- Combine gelatin and cornstarch.
- Whisk gelatin mixture into boiling water until dissolved.
- Pour gelatin mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Chop chocolate; sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.
- **To serve, spoon warm cake into dessert bowls. Garnish with whipped topping or, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.**