Fried CalamariFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 pound squid shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- Heat the frying oil shopping list
- First pour the vegetable oil into a pot and heat to about 400 degrees. shopping list
How to make it
- 1 pound squid
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- Heat the Frying Oil
- First pour the vegetable oil into a pot and heat to about 400 degrees.
- Prepare the Squid
- You can buy fresh squid in the fish counter at your supermarket. Or, you can buy it frozen and defrost it yourself.
- The tentacles you can fry just as they are, but the rest cut into tubes. about 1/4 inch thick.
- Rinse the rings and tentacles with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow bowl combine the flour, salt, oregano, paprika, and black pepper.
- In batches, coat the squid in the flour mixture.
- Drop the squid into the oil, and fry the squid for about 1 minute. Remove the calamari with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- Reheat the oil in between batches of cooking.
- Cut up some lemons, squeeze over the calamari, and serve right away.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating16 people
Calamari... and your salad... Heaven!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I love breaded and fried calamari. Every time I'm at an Italian restaurant, if they have it I order it.
Jeeez ... I've been thinking about this for 30 seconds and I just realized I've chewed the erasers off three pencils.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
OMG-this is my daughter's all-time favorite food.I have to make these pronto!
Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it