Filled Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup CookiesFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- Filling ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (you may need a bit more to make the dough easy enough to handle after it's chilled) shopping list
- For cookie dough: shopping list
- ½ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup white sugar shopping list
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups white flour shopping list
- ¼ cup cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- Finely chopped salted peanuts for garnish, optional (but really good!) shopping list
- frosting ingredients: shopping list
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- enough half-and-half to make the frosting spreadable shopping list
How to make it
- For filling, blend together the 2 ingredients until smooth. Cover and chill for a couple hours to make handling it easier. While filling is chilling, prepare the cookie dough.
- For cookie dough, cream together both sugars, butter and cream cheese until batter is fluffy. Add extract and egg, beating until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Take pieces of dough and roll into 1” balls. Make a deep thumbprint in the center of the ball and fill it with about 1 teaspoon of filling. Carefully bring the dough around the filling, covering it completely, and gently roll it again to smooth the dough and fully enclose the filling. Place the balls 2” apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees, for 9 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just barely browned on the bottom. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, cream the ingredients together until well blended. Frost each cooled cookie and garnish with some finely diced salted peanuts, if desired.
- NOTE: I have also used a peanut butter frosting instead of the chocolate cream cheese frosting. Just omit the cocoa and cream cheese, add 2 tablespoons of melted butter and about ¼ cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter (add enough peanut butter to achieve the “peanutty” taste you like best – if I use crunchy peanut butter, I don’t bother with the chopped salted peanut garnish on the frosting).
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
mmmm this recipe sounds just deliciousmagali777 in Mexico loved it
Krum....the effort was so worth it...my favorite cookies!helewes in Newton loved it
I was just getting ready to post the same exact recipe. It is one of those cookie recipes that I made years ago and loved. For those individuals who love peanut butter cups this is the cookie for you!debra47 in Fylde loved it