Dried Cherry-and-pecan OatmealFrom pinkpasta 7 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 3 cups fat-free milk shopping list
- 2 cups whole oats (NOT instant) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- *** Great with dried cranberries too. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 4 tablespoons brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Spoon 1 cup oatmeal in each of 6 bowls. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Serve immediately.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size 1 cup)
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating6 people
mmmMMMMMMmmmmmsilver_raven_venus in Riverview loved it
Ohh yumm!!! I have a bag of whole oats lying around, and I love dried cherry flavoured cranberries so I'll probably sub those in along with soy milk. Unfortunately I'll have to drop the butter and nuts but I'm sure the awesome cherries will more than...morejo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
My husband is a oatmeal freak... I showed him this recipe... he wants it for supper.. Making Sunday... for breakfast!
Thanks for the post!
:) Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it