Pot RoastFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder, arm or blade pot roast (about 3 lbs.) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions (about 2 medium sized) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer or apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Place beef pot roast in Dutch oven; brown evenly. Remove roast from Dutch oven; season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to Dutch oven; heat until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 10 minutes or until onions are very soft and golden. Stir in flour. Stir in beer (or cider), water and thyme until blended; bring to a boil. Return pot roast to Dutch oven. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours, or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast to platter; carve into slices.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating5 people
Sunny, You have won me over with this recipe for pot roast. great postpudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Tried it about a week ago. Had to substitue Dutch Oven with Crock Pot. I love the flavor of the pot.......
Your recipe was a hit, and you are still a hit with me!justabeginner in Fairview Park loved it
No one this cute should be able to cook... ;-) regardless I like the recipe, the beer got me vs. the cider. I assume this would work in a slow cooker after browning the beef and making sauce/gravy, correct?tickateeboo in Burlington loved it