Sweet potato Pound CakeFrom pudgy47 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tps. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tps. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tps. salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup canned mashed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 Tbs. freshly grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F. Combine flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating , adding eggs one at a time, until well mixed. Add sweet potatoes and orange peel. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour mixture alternately with milk, until well mixed.
- Spoon batter into two greased (9-inch) round cake pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Spread 1/4 cup marmalade over top of each warm cake.
- To serve, cut into wedges; dollop with whip cream.