Blue Cheese Stuffed MushroomsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 20 large fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- fresh basil chopped for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel then remove stems and finely chop stems and set aside.
- Sauté mushroom caps in butter in skillet until almost tender then drain on paper towels.
- Sauté mushroom stems and red pepper in skillet .
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add cheese then cook until melted.
- Stir in rice, basil and pepper and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon rice mixture into mushroom caps and place in greased shallow baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and garnish stuffed mushrooms with basil.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
I'm going to make these for lunch today...I bought four HUGE mushrooms this am, have heavy cream and blue cheese in the house (at the same time, no less!), and it will be a cinch to steam up some rice. I hope my Jack knows how lucky he is to ha...moreriverznnd in Nashua loved it
To quote Rachael Ray: "YUMMO!" Omigod these are good. I think I'll use the smaller mushrooms next time, the big ones are overwhelming. Jack mumbled something as he ate his plateful. When asked to repeat himself with his mouth empty, he said he w...moreriverznnd in Nashua loved it
Yep, it is a good looking recipe. JJthegoldminer in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!