Polish Cabbage Rolls Or GolabkiFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 head cabbage shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground pork or veal shopping list
- 16 oz. can tomato sauce (your favourite) shopping list
- 8 oz. can tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the core from the cabbage.
- Put the cabbage in boiling water and remove the leaves as they soften.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter/margarine for a short time.
- In a bowl add the onions, meat, cooked rice, eggs and salt and pepper, mix this well.
- Place about 2 Tbsp. of the meat mixture in the center of a cabbage leaf and roll inward, then roll sides in and continue to roll.
- Place the rolls in a large pot and pour the tomato sauce onto the rolls.
- Then, with you hands, squeeze canned tomatoes and arrange on top of the cabbage rolls.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 40
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating12 people
This recipe sounds great and I would substitute the ground beef with ground turkey/chicken. Thank you for posting.peepers in loved it
*licks lips* this looks super yummy!! I'm going out to get cabbage tonight so I can make this tomorrow!! I can't wait!! :)tigress122 in Petawawa loved it
Picture perfect. One of my favorites. I love going to Los Angeles to Canters restaurant and getting their cabbage rolls. Actually, cabbage rolls anywhere is just fine with me. Dang I love cabbage rolls and baking with the sauce is pretty much a mu...morethegoldminer in Sacramento loved it