Zucchini-Tomato CasseroleFrom flavorsofitaly 7 years ago
- 6 medium zucchini squash shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 very ripe plum tomatoes, or 6 small regular ripe tomaotes, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 Tbl freshly Italian flat parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbl dried oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut zucchini in half horizontally, and then julienne.
- In medium skillet, saute garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
- Oil baking dish and cover bottom with a layer of julienned zucchini, then a layer of tomato slices, and 1/2 the garlic, 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 the parsley, 1/2 the oregano, salt and pepper. Repeat layers of zucchini and tomatoes until used up, then top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until tender.