Hamhocks and BeansFrom mrtnzangel8 7 years ago
- 2 lbs great northern beans shopping list
- 2 cured ham hocks shopping list
- 32 oz box of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 celery stalks (chopped) shopping list
- 2 carrots (sliced into discs) shopping list
- 1 yellow onion (chopped) shopping list
- stick of butter shopping list
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil (evoo) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- *Night before: Sort, rinse, soak beans.
- *Next morning: Rinse beans.
- Place beans in slocooker with ham hocks.
- Add enough chicken broth to cover beans. (add water if needed)
- Cover and cook on low.
- After 4 hours saute veggies in evoo and a pat of butter.
- Add veggies to beans.
- Add rest of butter to beans.
- Continue cooking for 4 hours more or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper
- (p.s. Everyone knows these are even better the next day!)
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating3 people
I missed this one... Yummmmmy!linebb956 in La Feria loved it