Autumn Carrot BisqueFrom pink 9 years ago
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and diced into a little smaller than ½-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (vegetable or olive oil will do) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- A few dashes fresh black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or 1 bouillon cube dissolved in 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- In a stockpot over low-medium heat, cook the carrots and onions in the peanut oil for 7 to 10 minutes; cover and stir occasionally.
- You want the onions to brown but not to burn, although if they burn a little bit it's not the end of the world.
- Add the garlic, curry, salt, and pepper; saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the 3 cups of broth, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a low boil.
- Turn the heat off. Use a handheld blender to puree half of the soup; if you don’t have one, then puree half the soup in a blender and add it back to the soup pot.
- Add the maple syrup and stir. Serve hot.
- *Just A thought*:If you are using a blender to puree the soup, let the soup cool a bit so that the steam doesn't cause the blender lid to pop off and hot soup to splatter everywhere.
- Once the soup has cooled, give it a few pulses in the blender, lift the lid to let steam escape, and repeat.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating9 people
I took its pulse in the blender and it was fading fast so I added 2 cloves of Shirleyoma's roasted garlic. Loved by all TY for posting!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
My son loves this soup, thanks so much for the post. Little does he know he was eating onions, I always pulse his onions up so he can get some in his diet. he just THINKS he hates them :)invisiblechef in loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it