Ground Beef StroganoffFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups celery, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped (bell peppers work well but you can use any type of pepper you like) shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1 recipe for spice mix below shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dry egg noodles or any type of pasta will do shopping list
- 1 cup organic milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups low sodium beef or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, organic shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Provolone. cheddar or Tex Mex cheese shopping list
- spice Mix shopping list
- 1 package (about 1-ounce) natural onion soup and dip mix shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated or powdered garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated or powdered onion shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté mushrooms, celery and green pepper in olive oil over medium heat stirring constantly, until most of the moisture has evaporated. About 15 minutes.
- Add ground beef or turkey, and brown until completely cooked.
- Drain any fat.
- Add noodles, spice mix, milk and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- If you find it is a little too dry, you can always add more broth as you go along.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Always check seasonings, adding more if you wish.
- Top with grated Provolone, cheddar or Tex Mex cheese.
- Note: I like to place it under the broiler for a couple of minutes just to lightly brown the top.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating14 people
absolutely wonderful.. thanks for sharingveg in HAMILTON loved it
Yummy. I love stroganoff and your recipe looks great. It's a 5 from me.chacha in New York loved it
FIVE on this, Lor! I love beef stroganoff, but the healthier version is terrific! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it