RAVE REVIEWS TURTLE TRIFLEFrom rosemaryblue 8 years ago
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened* shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (2-lb.) frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping shopping list
- 1/3 cup caramel topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
- Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-qt. trifle dish or tall, clear 4-qt. glass bowl.
- Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes.
- Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping.
- Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans. Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- *1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese may be substituted.
- Note: I used Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Topping, and Smucker's Caramel Flavored Topping. I used Corky's Frozen Pecan Pie! I ALWAYS bake my own pecan pie, so this was a "whoa" for me! But it was absolutely delicious, and I will make again. EVERYONE commented on the recipe.