Out In The Black Bean ButterFrom julesong 8 years ago
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oil shopping list
- 4 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (if using dried, see below) shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large nonstick skillet and melt together butter and oil.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then lower temperature to medium and add onion. Sauté , stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Place cooked onion mixture, beans, cocoa, salt, pepper, and paprika in food processor and whir until smooth.
- Transfer the bean butter into serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley (if you have fresh, that is… if not, stir some dried parsley in, to taste).
- Source: adapted from the Earth That Was magazine "Cooking Light."