Elephant Ears with yeast conversion tableFrom cherihannah 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar,salt and shortening.
- Heat until shortening is melted.
- DO NOT BOIL!!
- Cool to lukewarm
- Add yeast & stir until dissolved.
- Stir in flour 2 cups at a time.
- Beat after each addition until smooth.
- Put in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise until double, about 30 min.
- Dust hands with flour and pinch off pieces of dough about size of golf ball.
- Stretch each piece into a thin 6 to 8 " circle.
- Fry one at a time in oil heated to 380 to 400 degrees until dough rises to surface.
- Turn & fry on other side until light brown.
- Drain on paper towel & sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Makes about 20 elephant ears.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookcherihannah Shickshinny, PA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!