Lasagna Stuffed PeppersFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 4 large green peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded and par-boiled shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place peppers in a large baking pan at least 9x13 inches;
- sprinkle inside of peppers with salt.
- Meanwhile brown the ground beef, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper and half the garlic powder; drain fat.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, egg and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese in a small bowl; season with salt, pepper and remaining garlic powder.
- Divide ricotta mixture between the pepper halves.
- Top ricotta mixture with meat sauce; mound the mozzarella cheese over the top of each pepper.
- Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup parmesan. Bake at 350degrees for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned
People Who Like This Dish 42
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating11 people
HOW DID I MISS THIS. OMG, great idea. I love this site! Thanks for posting it.!recipediva in Pittsburgh loved it
Mmm! Sounds perfect. I was surfing for the best sounding Stuffed Peppers recipe, and yours hit the nail right on the head. Thank you!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
the best. I used yellow peps, they were the biggest. served with romain w/blue cheese dressing and anchovy stuffed olives. we loved itmarkh in Miami loved it