Butternut Squash BakeFrom pleclare 9 years ago
- 1 small butternut squash,peeled and cubed(2c) shopping list
- 1/2c. mayonaisse shopping list
- 1/2c finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 egg,lightly beaten shopping list
- 1T sugar shopping list
- salt ansd pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4c. crushed saltines (8 crackers) shopping list
- 2T. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1T butter,melted shopping list
How to make it
- Place squash in pot,cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat,cover and simmer 20-25 mins.
- Drain well,place in large bowl and mash. In another bowl,combine mayo,onion,egg,sugar and squash.
- Mix well,transfer to greased 1Qt. baking dish
- Combine cracker crumbs,cheese and butter. Sprinkle on top and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 mins. or until heated thru and browned..
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating19 people
Great, different squash recipe, it IS nice to have savory instead of sweet for a change.shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
5 from me a great entry in the Monthly Contest Group for October.
trigger in loved it
ANOTHER 55555 from me..yummy! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it