Eggplant and Basil SandwichesFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 8 slices unpeeled eggplant, about 1/2-inch thick shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, sliced and separated into rings shopping list
- 8 slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 12 large fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted shopping list
- 4 large or 8 small tomato slices shopping list
How to make it
- Dip eggplant slices into egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook eggplant in oil 3-5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and crispy.
- Top each eggplant slice with onion ring and cheese.
- Cover and cook to melt cheese, 1-3 minutes.
- Place fresh basil leaves on 4 slices of toasted Italian bread.
- Top with tomato, eggplant and remaining bread slices.
- These are also really good if brought to room temperature and wrapped and refrigerated to be eaten the next day.
People Who Like This Dish 25
- beautifulsoul79 Nowhere, Us
- Inthekitchen Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- livvyloulove Nowhere, Us
- sandwich_connoisseur Perth, Australia
- recipeaddict1 League City, TX
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- hmizerek Frankford, DE
- javakittie Atlanta, GA
- Plus 15 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating5 people
Your killing me here tonight woman!! WIth baby in house who has time to eat!!! lol.recipediva in Philly loved it
these are wonderful TY for postmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This sounds absolutely Wonderful,& Unique, I love Provolone, I just have to find Basil Leaves lol...Thanks for posting it I will definately be making it & bookmarkingtannzzi in Portage loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!