Mango cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 125 grams all purpose flour shopping list
- 125 grams sugar shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- mango Mousse shopping list
- 1 package unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 ½ c mango puree shopping list
- ¼ c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c chilled whipping cream shopping list
- syrup shopping list
- 50 grams sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Cointreau or rum or fresh orange juice. shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- mango slice or cubes shopping list
How to make it
- 1-Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a large baking sheet. Whip yolks with half of the sugar. Whip egg whites till stiff with the other half. Fold in 1/3 of the beaten whites into the yolks to lighten it. Then fold the rest of the yolk mixture into the whites. Sift in the flour, gradually folding it in. Pipe out 2 spiral circles that are a little bit smaller than your (7-8 inch) cake ring. Pipe out ladyfingers to cover the sides of the cake. Sift powdered sugar on top before baking in the oven for around 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Sugar syrup: Combine ¼ c (59 g) water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let the syrup cool to room temperature then add the Cointreau or orange juice.
- 3-For mango mousse: Puree mangoes in food processor. Separate 1/2 c of the puree in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over puree. Let soften 10 minutes. Add sugar to gelatin mixture and heat over low heat until sugar and gelatin dissolve. Add gelatin mixture to rest of mango puree and blend in processor. Whip cream in large bowl to soft peaks. Fold in mango mixture.
- 4-Assemble cake: Place cake board on the bottom of the cake ring. Measure your ladyfingers around the cake ring. Brush it with sugar syrup before securing it around the inside of the ring.Top with mango mousse. Chill until firm, 4 hours to overnight. Garnish with mango slices. Brush mango slices with any leftover puree.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating13 people
Love it thanks for thre post!
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Mmmmmm... need I say more. Well, actually yes. I love mangos and this recipe looks divine! Thank you for sharing it.lor in Toronto loved it
I have coveted a local mango cake that a bakery sells here. At last, you have one posted! Can't wait to try this one. Thanks!cakelady in Murray loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!