BUCKEYE CAKEFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 3 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted unsweetened chocolate Flavor shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- peanut butter LAYER: shopping list
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- GANACHE: shopping list
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-sweet chocolate Morsels shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- FOR DECORATING: shopping list
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® peanut butter & milk chocolate Morsels shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease.
- FOR CAKE:
- COMBINE eggs and sugar in large bowl. Stir in flour, melted butter, CHOCO BAKE, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake; cool for an additional 10 minutes. Invert cake onto serving platter. Remove pan and parchment; cool completely.
- FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
- BEAT peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread mixture on cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- FOR GANACHE:
- HEAT cream in small saucepan to boiling; remove from heat. Add semi-sweet morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Stir; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is spreadable. Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
- FOR DECORATING:
- MELT peanut butter & milk chocolate morsels in resealable plastic bag on 70% power for 30 seconds. Knead bag to mix. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals until melted. Cut a small hole from corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake. Store in refrigerator. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating6 people
Oh I know someone else that made this and get rave reviews everytime she takes it somewhere. I must give it a try. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh my god.In addition to the great picture,I am sure it is superb taste.I would make it tonight except that i don't know what is the substitute for NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor.
Thank you for postin...moreahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I really wonder,is it you who took the shot? Coz if you are the one who did it,I think you should be a proffetional photographer also.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it