Easy and simple peach apple crispFrom putercop 6 years ago
- 1 20 oz can of drained sliced peaches packed in light-syrup shopping list
- 2 med sliced, skinned, cored tart apples (like granny smith) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (this is really not the time to use imitation) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon or a tad more to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour flour +3 tbls shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar (you can use light here if you don;t have dark there is a barely discernible difference in flavor and texture) shopping list
- 3 tbs chilled margarine or salted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease 9-x-9-x-2- inch casserole dish with shortening or salted butter
- Combine peaches, apples, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Toss well and spread evenly in the greased casserole dish.
- Combine flour, and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Cut in margarine/butter with two knives or 2 forks until the mixture resembles coarse meal
- Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, creme fresh, with a splash of apple brandy or cold.
- Interestingly enough my daughter likes a small portion with melted extra sharp cheddar cheese on it.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookputercop Kerhonkson, NY
The Rating6 people
yummynanny in Haddam loved it
This was very yummy, i tried this tonight and added a pear into the mix as well. It was very good, thanks for the recipe.becflower in Sylva loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!