Non-dairy Potato Garlic SoupFrom legoflamb 7 years ago
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 4 medium red potatoes, large dice shopping list
- 1 medium turnip, large dice shopping list
- 1 medium yam/Sweet Potato, large dice shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 1 head garlic, roasted and mashed shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground shopping list
How to make it
- Cut top off head of Garlic, cover in foil and put in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Pour Olive Oil in soup pot on a low flame. Add sliced Onion, keep flame low, do not brown. Sweat onions for 5 minutes.
- Add Red Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnip, Celery, Salt and Black Pepper.
- Add Water turn flame to high, bring to boil. Then cover pot and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove Garlic form oven and let cool. Then squeeze garlic out into a bowl and mash with a fork before adding it to the soup.
- Mash veges with a potato masher (or immersion blender) in the soup pot. Simmer covered for 1 more hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
The Cooklegoflamb New York, NY
The Rating5 people
Left out the turnip. It's not an acquired taste yet.
Added a couple more potatoes to make up for it. Put some vegetable boulion in the water. I think a 2 hour simmer is a bit much.
It's official now. Mother came in extolling the soups...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
Now here is something you do not see to often a Vegan Potato Garlic Soup.
great, you got my 5 fork rating
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I made this soup last night and it was excellent. So easy to make, and had just the right amount of garlic. I will be making this for my family often, they all loved it. Thanks for sharing it.pats1013 in loved it