Chocolate Duchess Alcoholic DrinkFrom jesuslincoln 8 years ago
- 1 oz Three olives chocolate Vodka* shopping list
- 1/2 oz Godiva chocolate Liquer shopping list
- 1/2 oz Disaronno (Amaretto) shopping list
- 1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps shopping list
- Also: shopping list
- 1 bar of dark chocolate shopping list
- A flat saucer shopping list
- A knife shopping list
- *For this delectable delight, the Three olives brand of vodka seems to be the best choice for this. I tried a couple of others and they just weren't as nice. You may have some trouble locating it though. But it is worth the searching shopping list
How to make it
- Chill the vodka in your freezer over night. No it won't freeze, in case you're wondering. Alchol can't do that. It will, however, get pretty syrupy which is what you want.
- Chill a martini glass either by keeping them in your freezer (best way) or by loading it with ice and soda water for a few minutes while you are mixing the rest of the ingredients (usually the way done in a bar when they don't have a freezer for glasses).
- While the glass is chilling, take the knife and shave the bar of chocolate over the saucer. Ideally you are looking for very fine shavings about the same size as grains of salt.
- Dump the contents of the martini glass and use the chocolate on the saucer to rim the glass.
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and give it a good shake. Pour the contents of the shaker (minus the ice) into the martini glass.
- For those of you who are fairly adventurous, you can also put a little cayenne pepper in the chocolate shavings before you rim the glass. And a chocolate covered espresso bean makes a nice garnish as well!