Vegetarian Pumpkin and Sage Pasta SauceFrom putercop 9 years ago
- 3 cloves minced garlic (try not to used the bottled use fresh here, better flavor) shopping list
- 1/2 diced onion shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup soy milk (my daughter likes chocolate and tried that once, not recommended, neither is vanilla) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canned or precooked pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tsp sage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pine nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh pumpkin, rather than canned, puree in a blender first until smooth.
- In a medium-sized pot or large frying pan, sautee garlic and onion in olive oil 3-5 minutes. (Thats the hardest part of this whole recipe)
- Reduce heat to low and add vegetable broth, soy milk, pumpkin and sage.
- Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Allow to simmer until flavors are well combined, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and walnuts or pine nuts, stirring to combine, then remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked pasta and enjoy!
- Also great on ravioli, gnocci and assorted other pillow pastas
The Cookputercop Kerhonkson, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!