Shortbread BrowniesFrom dariana 10 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl stir together 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. Cut in the 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the 1/4 cup chocolate pieces. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl stir together granulated sugar, 3/4 cup flour, the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs, melted butter, and vanilla; beat by hand until smooth. Stir in the 1/2 cup chocolate pieces. Carefully spread over crust in pan.
- Bake 40 minutes more. Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack. Lift brownies out of pan by lifting up on foil. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
People Who Like This Dish 79
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating10 people
I made two batches of this recipe and both were good. I used semi-sweet mini-chips instead of regular chips. Also added chopped nuts to the shortbread and brownies on the second batch. Great recipe...shortbread AND brownies at one time. What a com...morethepiggs in loved it
Hubby loves brownies... These are a keeper...
Thanks..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
This sounds great, I love both desserts by themselves, so might as well throw them together!snooklyukums in Cedar Rapids loved it