44 Clove Comfort Me SoupFrom noir 9 years ago
- 26 garlic cloves (unpeeled) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sliced onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 18 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 4 lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 26 garlic cloves in small glass baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves.
- Transfer cloves to small bowl.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add roasted garlic and 18 raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan; add cream and bring to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.)
- Divide grated cheese among 4 bowls and ladle soup over. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 62
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
I think I'll need a whole tin of Altoids! ROFL, but I will try it and let you know! *smile* Follow up: I LOVE IT! Tops!pink in USA loved it
Garlic is the ultimate elixir, Thanks!rml in loved it
This will cure what ails you all right. Yummy and it is just chilly enough for me to crave this right now. Love garlic and love soup.marges in Springfield loved it